Monday, May 26, 2014

Flower Shopping with my Mom!



My Mom is the best and I am so blessed to live near her even though we’ve all moved around so much over the years!  Yesterday I spent the most wonderful afternoon with my Mom!  We started at a local nursery, CarpinitoBrothers, in Kent to do a ‘little’ flower shopping!  I walked away with the following:

  • 2 ‘Cynthia’ Rhododendrons (On Sale for $17.88/EA)
  • 1 ‘Cool Breeze’ Euphorbia
  • 1 ‘Crystal Palace’ Lobelia
  • 1 ‘Little Devil Fire’ Marigold
  • 1 ‘Easter Bonnet Pastel Mix’ Alyssum
  • 1 ‘Summertime Sweet Red Velvet’ Osteospermum
  • 1 ‘Summertime Sweet Blue Sunrise’ Osteospermum
  • 1 ‘Superbells Saffron’ Calibrachoa
  • 2 ‘Happy Trails Mix’ Portulaca
  • 1 Rosemary start

These were a Mother’s Day gift from my mother to me!  I planted the Portulaca in my rock garden along with my mixed Sedum carpet and other succulents just a moment ago!  I planted the Euphorbia, Lobelia, and Marigold together in a shallow pot & they are truly stunning together!  The Alyssum, Calibrachoa & Osteospermum’s are potted together in a larger pot on the front porch.  I’ve yet to plant the Rosemary or Rhododendrons though.  The Rhodie’s will be planted in the front along the property line to grow into a privacy screen to hide the eye sore of a hot tub that the neighbors are hoarding next door!  And I simply have yet to decide where the Rosemary should live…

#CarpinitoBrothers #LoveMyMom #FlowerShopping #MemorialDayWeekend



No comments:

Post a Comment