Saturday, January 10, 2015

The "My So-Called Life" effect...

I'm sure that many of you can relate to my obsession with "My So-Called Life" as a young teenager.  I was pretty much the same age as Angela at the time, I dressed similarly & had my hair dyed the same color with pretty much the same style.  I still remember one football game that I went to where an adult told me he'd seen me on TV the night before!  Of course, looking back, he was probably messing with me, but I thought it was cool at the time! 
And, if you're anything like me, you were devastated when the show was cancelled.  I couldn't believe it...what were they thinking?  Who in their right mind would cancel a show that I related to in such a way!  Where were they getting these ratings?  Who were they talking to?  How did they find these people?  From that point on I realized that I wanted to make my opinions heard, but I had no idea where to start. 


So I began to make it a point to be loyal to the products & services that impressed me.  I would boycott and speak out against companies and products that I had bad experiences with.  I became a walking review board, but it had no impact and was not satisfying.  I began to feel that my opinion didn't really matter in the big scheme of things...like those people who don't vote! 
That is until I was introduced to online surveys.  Now I know what you're thinking, because I always felt the same: those scam surveys that give you 'points' toward crappy prizes?  No...real consumer surveys that pay you actual cash for extra pocket money.  These are great for those spare moments you have where you're just waiting around or feel like you're not doing your best to multitask.  I have friends who complete these while on the train or bus to work or while getting a pedicure or waiting for your nails to dry.  I do them while relaxing & watching TV with my family or in between stirring the pot while making dinner. It's great; your opinion counts AND you get paid!!  You can use the extra cash to help pay bills, buy those lattes, get your nails done, help buy Christmas gifts, etc.  There are a couple different sites that I like for different reasons.  Pick the best fit for you or participate in all of them!  Here they are in no particular order: 

This is the first one I signed up for with much trepidation, but now I LOVE it!  I've already received my first $50 check and am halfway to my second right now.  Once you sign up they sort of walk you through an initial sign-up wizard process.  Once you've completed the initial steps, then you have a number of options for earning.  These are listed in tabs for your convenience.  You can choose from My Surveys, My Studies, My Panels, My Deals, and My Videos.  I spend 99.9% of my time on the "My Studies" page where you can complete consumer research studies.  My Videos is new and I have yet to try it, but you can watch short promo video clips for $0.05 or less.  My Deals is a link to free printable coupons from Coupons.com.  My Panels allows you to sign up for various survey panels like Ipsos I-Say, Global Test Market and My Survey Panel.  Finally there is My Surveys, which you may or may not like depending on your preference.  The payouts tend to be higher, but the initial investment of time/money is more than for My Studies.  Anyway, with My Studies they add new ones continuously throughout the day and night so I've never run out.  You can earn anywhere from $0.05 to $5.00 per survey, but average between $0.50 - $3.00 per survey.  Don't get discouraged if you get a few screens into a survey and get screened out as they have certain demographic requirements for each survey.  Any time this happens just move on to the next one!  You can be paid out via check or Paypal once your account reaches $50. 

This is a fairly new one to me, as spots don't open up too  often.  However you can be screened to go on a wait list of sorts.  Anyway, they will select surveys for you and send notification to your email inbox.  It seems like surveys become available every couple weeks.  I've done two so far and been paid $3 for each of those.  The cool things is that you can cash out as soon as you get to $3 and don't make you wait to earn a certain benchmark.  Some people like to cash out right away, but others prefer to wait until they reach $20 or $50 so it feels like more!  Also, you can choose from other prizes if you prefer. 

Next is Inbox Dollars.  This is a pretty popular one, but I don't have enough experience with it to give much of an opinion either way.  So far I've earned $9.79, but you have to get to $30 to cash out.  I've heard that some people can achieve $30 in a few hours, but I prefer not to complete the tasks that require a credit card.  You earn for completing various tasks like finishing lists, surveys, watching videos, clicking emails and you can even play games!  I imagine I should get to $30 if I stay n top of it daily over the next week.  Check it out and let me know your opinion! 

Start with these three and see how it goes.  I will update with a handful of other options once you've had the chance to check these out!  Happy earning! 


**

FlexOffers

No comments:

Post a Comment